World Café Signature Learning Programs
Drawing on the experience and expertise of master hosts from around the world, the World Café Community Foundation has developed a suite of World Café Signature Learning Programs to familiarize, develop capacity and build mastery in hosting "conversations that matter".
Introduction to the World Café
Online format in a series of three 2-hour webinars (Introduction to the World Cafe is also offered in a one day face-to-face format by special arrangement).
- Learn about the history and global reach of the World Café
- Become familiar with hosting etiquette and seven guiding principles of the World Café
- Experience the "magic" of the World Café with a master host
- Understand the contexts most suitable for a World Café
- Get ideas and feedback on how a World Café could be useful in your organization or community.
Hosting World Cafés: The Fundamentals (6 CEUs & 19 CCEUs)
Structured peer-learning in an eight-week distance-learning (online) format in collaboration with the Institute for Social Innovation at Fielding Graduate University. Some degree of familiarity with The World Café is recommended. (Hosting World Cafe: The Fundamentals is also offered in a three-day face-to-face format by special arrangement).
- Understand and apply the seven design principles and fundamental assumptions of the World Café
- Learn to generate powerful Questions that Matter Develop the skills and capacity to Design, Convene and Host a World Café conversation
- Understand and experience the processes, principles and "ways of being" that can call forth Collective Intelligence
- Become familiar with the intellectual foundations of the World Café
- Explore how the World Café can be applied in creative ways across different sectors, cultures, demographics and contexts
Hosting World Cafés: Advanced Practicum
Offered in a three-day face-to-face format and by special arrangement only
World Café hosting experience is required to make the most of this course.
Deepen understanding of qualities and practices of hosting across multiple contexts, and receive feedback and support from experienced hosts in your region. (Participants' specific questions and desired areas of development will guide the bulk of the curriculum)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Contact us if you are interested in sponsoring a Learning Program or would like to make a contribution towards scholarships for others to participate.